Monday 6 August 2012

An Introduction

So here goes. I'm new to this blogging malarkey, as I am sure you'll gather. So instead of beginning with a simple blog, I have started two. They will no doubt mingle together on occasions as one is work and one is a hobby. As my work is more of a hobby they will cross paths from time to time. I am even considering the possibility of a third, but lets try this one first!

From the title of this blog, you may gather that I do love a bit of cake. I loooooove cake. Cake, cake, caaaakkkkee. But who doesn't?! As well as eating it, I love making it! I find nothing more satisfying than spending hours reading a recipe, gathering ingredients and beginning that first step to baking gloriousness. Rarely does it go wrong. I love tipping a gloopy mixture into a tin and anxiously waiting for the timer to ping whilst the aroma of cake fill the house. Then having to wait for what seems like days for your cake to cool so you can sample that first bite. But the most gratifying thing of all is baking and icing a cake for someone else. For me, it's my family, I love them. And I love nothing more than a family gathering where I can supply treats for them to sample. To be told that something you have made looks and tastes delicious fills me with immense pride and I begin planning my next delightful treat and of course set a date for the next family gathering.

The name of my blog was inspired by my Grandad, who was also a cake lover. His favourite part of a meal was dessert and he was well known for asking for "a little bit of each" when he couldn't possibly decide which of the 3 or 4 puddings to choose from. Unfortunately I don't get to hear him say those words anymore and they are probably the 5 words I miss most from hearing. But from every cake I make, I know a little is saved for him and I remember those 5 words.

No comments:

Post a Comment