Friday 10 August 2012

Tropical Fruit Flapjack

Tropical Fruit Flapjack



My partner, Craig's favourite thing to eat, in the whole wide world is flapjack. Thankfully it's also a fantastic way of sneaking a bit of fruit in for the children I am childminding. This recipe comes from www.lylesgoldensyrup.com and it's called Classic Flapjack, however I have added dried tropical fruit. I also changed the butter to Stork baking margarine.

Ingredients;
  • 150g Margarine
  • 75g Soft brown sugar
  • 3tbsp Golden syrup
  • 250g Porridge oats
  • 100g of chopped dried tropical fruit and coconut (This just came in a bag and contained pineapple, apricots, mango, raisins and coconut)

Method;
  • Preheat the oven to 180C/160C fan/Gas 4. Grease and line a shallow 20cm square tin with baking parchment. I two used silver disposable trays 18cm - 11cm each
  • I melted the margarine, sugar and golden syrup together in a saucepan. I took it off the heat and added the chopped fruit and then stirred in the oats.
  • I pushed the mixture down evenly into the trays and baked in the oven for 25 - 30 mins
  • I removed them from the oven and cooled for 10 mins before cutting into squares whilst warm in the trays. I waited till the flapjack was completely cooled before I tipped them out of the trays and cut again.
And it was a complete success!

No comments:

Post a Comment